Friday, November 13, 2009

The best things in life are free

Life has been challenging lately. And by challenging...I mean an awful, depressing, ugly roller-coaster of a ride (that's a whole other post in itself, and one that I'm not ready to write yet).

And then I got a birthday present that made me realize how lucky I am.




Hudson and I were playing at the park together on my Birthday. Hudson was digging in the sand. He pulled out a rock, stared at it, dusted it off, and then handed it to me. He told me he was giving it to me because it looked like a heart. Awwwwwww...a cold stone heart melted my broken one. It is without a doubt the best birthday present I have ever gotten. I told him I loved it, and would keep it forever. I totally mean it. (Except I've only had it less than a week, and already almost lost it...Rob found it...it must have fallen out of my jacket pocket).

4 comments:

Audrey said...

Wow, it really does look like a heart. That is the sweetest gift ever. Love you Joyce.

Shannon said...

Oh dear Joyce. I hope things are ok with you. Little Hudson is certainly a gem, and what a gorgeous birthday present!! You have a very thoughtful, caring little boy, all due in part to you being a great Mama.

Happy belated Birthday and I hope things get better for you.

Unknown said...

That is the sweetest gift and thought. Aww... I hope things are ok with you. I love it when our kids just blurt out that they love us, hug us and kiss us. It's the best! You have a real sweetheart over there...

Sonia said...

Sorry you're having such a rough time. ((Joyce))

You are very blessed and lucky to have such a sweet son. What a wonderful gift he is and that he's given you.

Happy belated birthday!!