Tuesday, December 16, 2008

FYI's

Remember the white frame that I got for $2 at a garage sale last summer? This is it, repurposed as a "Things to do" blackboard above my desk. I love it, although I never really "do" anything on my list.



Remember that post about me getting into Scrapbooking? This is page 2 of 2 (yes I only completed 2 pages in 2 months). The first page is pretty much garbage, since I didn't know you weren't supposed to use glue to stick your photos to the paper (who knew?). Apparently you are supposed to use double sided tape. My first page got all bumpy when the glue dried (reminiscent of elementary school craft projects). I've learned that Scrapbooking is not for me. I really think an old fashioned photo album with JUST pictures and NO embellishments is what I'm going to do with all of Hudson's photos.


I started reading a book about "Raising Your Spirited Child". "Spirited" is a nice term for "ADHD" (just joking). Seriously though, the more I read it, the more I realize that Hudson is not '"spirited" like we once thought he was. Maybe I'll write a book about "Raising Your Stinker Child". THAT kind of kid, I definitely have.


This is the color that play dough becomes when you ignore your son for a few minutes and he decides to knead all 8 colors together into one big ball.

The love of my life. Although whenever I tell him that I love him the most in the whole world, he adamantly tells me "NO", and that I love "Dad" the most in the whole world. He even gets upset when I correct him.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes,
I am waiting for this block.
How Hudson is doing.
I miss him so much.

I love you.
soju haji miss a lot.

Audrey said...

I miss Hudson a lot too. He looks leaner and taller now. What a cutie. Our playdoh gets mixed up together too. And I love the frame/blackboard.

Shannon said...

That frame/blackboard is awesome! Love the poo playdoh - it is more fun to combine them all. I agree with scrapbooking. Certainly not for me, although a good idea.

Cute bottom pic, and cuter that he corrects you on who you love the most!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm....the playdough seems awfully close to the carpet to me....

Angella said...

If you write a book on how to raise a stinker, I WILL BUY IT.

Sonia said...

You would become a best selling author. I think you should go for it Joyce!

Kaili said...

Great update!

I am a freak with playdoh, Jaia only gets to play with ONE colour at a time! Haha!

The frame looks awesome! Maybe you should go into business, find stuff at garage sales, create something out of it and sell them!