(The last shot makes me pee my pants every time I watch it)
Friday, October 31, 2008
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
And we came home to this. Which to some people would be a downer. But to us (Me, Rob, Hudson, and Bosco) we were excited. Our first snow of the season.
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Friday, October 24, 2008
We get there 5 minutes late. Walk in, all eyes turn toward us, and the storyteller stops the story...
and Hudson is the ONLY ONE wearing a costume. The only one. In a room full of kids. The only other person wearing a costume is the storyteller. And her costume couldn't be more lame. She is wearing a bathrobe and slippers. It doesn't even count as a costume.
Hudson looks shy. Even when everyone gushes about how cute he is.
I'm embarrassed for him. I take it off a few minutes later saying that he'll be too hot indoors in his furry costume. And it's true. It's also true that I want to get it off of him so he doesn't feel dumb.
I second-guess myself that I read the poster wrong. After one story we leave and I reread the poster on our way out. I wasn't wrong. It definitely says "Wear your costume!".
Hudson I know you can't read yet, but I swear that's what the poster said. I swear.
Monday, October 20, 2008
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
They never came. They never called.
Rob thinks it's funny that I am honest to goodness disappointed.
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Dad, Hudson, and the ever-present Bert and Ernie
Sweet sweet little guy (sometimes)
I don't know if Hudson really gets what Halloween is all about...but seeing as he LOVES pointing out all the neighbourhood pumpkins, LOVES his costume (you'll have to wait and see), and LOVES chocolate and chips, I'm guessing that October 31st will prove to be a very good evening for him!
Friday, October 10, 2008
I've overwhelmed. There are hundreds and hundreds of pictures of Hudson scattered all over our computer that I have to browse. There are soooo many different scrapbook page layouts to choose from. I've been inspired by looking at online scrapbook galleries. But how do i start??? I know I want it looking less "babyish" and more "contemporary" (although the ready-made scrapbook I received is VERY "babyish"). If I research this too long, I know that it will never get done. I'll lose my steam before I even get started. I guess i should stop blogging about it, and start scrapbooking.
P.S. Or can I screw the whole scrapbook thing and just give Hudson the link to by blog when he's old enough to read???
Thursday, October 09, 2008
"Hudson, wait for mom" (who is walking up the stairs by himself, and KNOWS he isn't allowed to do this on his own)
He ignores me and continues up the stairs.
"Hudson, wait for mom...if you fall down you'll get a really big boo-boo" I say with more authority in my voice.
Still not listening.
"HUDSON WAIT FOR MOMMMM!!!" voice of "devil-psycho-mom-from-hell" is yelling.
This happens often throughout the day lately.
"Hudson be careful"
"Hudson be careful, your head is close to banging the table"
"HUDSON BE CAREFUL, GODDAMMIT!" (Okay I don't say that last word, but it's implied in my voice).
"Hudson hold my hand in the parking lot"
"Hudson hold my hand in the parking lot there are cars coming"
"HUDSON HOLD MY HANDDDD!" I say and grab his wrist and hold on tight even though his body is writhing and anyone within view probably thinks I've just kidnapped this kid who is trying desperately to run away from me.
I swear to God, both Hudson and Bosco don't listen to me unless I sound really really mad. Really really mad.
Tuesday, October 07, 2008
The zucchini ones I baked yesterday morning? They're still sitting on the counter.
I just made a cream cheese icing to make them more palatable. I gave one to Hudson...who just licked the icing off and gave the rest to the dog.
At least HE ate it.
Sunday, October 05, 2008
Friday, October 03, 2008
3. Hudson and Bosco FIGHT over the Backyardigans blanket EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Hudson will decide he doesn't want Bosco on his blanket, and start pulling it out from under him with all his might (FYI Bosco is triple Hudson's weight). Eventually Bosco will reluctuntanly get up, and Hudson wins the battle.
4. My parents surprised us with a visit. They treated us to a nice dinner out, and Hudson stuffed his face like he was starving. It probably just reinforced my mother's paranoia that I don't feed my son enough.
Thursday, October 02, 2008
- Rob asks me to make him coffee since he was running late for work (again). If he knew he wouldn't get in trouble he'd have added "NOW! NOW WOMAN!"
- Hudson bellows at me to get him "uhhhhsssss" (aka juice), "uhhhhssss" "uhhhhhsssssss!!!" If he knew how to say it, he would be saying "NOW! NOW WOMAN!"
- Bosco starts barking at me to feed him breakfast...quietly at first, then when he sees I'm ignoring him, choosing to continue drinking my coffee, his barks get progressively louder. If I understood DOG, I know he would be saying "NOW! NOW WOMAN!"
When the hell did everyone become the boss of me?!?