Wednesday, April 26, 2006



AM I NICE???
Or let me rephrase that...do I LOOK like a nice person?!? I'm asking because riding the bus is giving me a complex. I find that people don't readily sit next to me on the bus. Yes, eventually the bus gets really full and someone winds up sitting next to me...but I have noticed that even when there are empty seats next to me...they are not the FIRST to be taken! Ha ha ha, don't get me wrong, I LIKE having my own personal space beside me...I prefer it to having people squished smack beside me. I've just had this discussion in the past with various people, and I have heard different opinions. Rob thought I looked like a snob when he first met me. My good friend Caroline thought I didn't look friendly because I plucked my eyebrows too thin...and in retrospect, when I see past pictures of myself...my thin and overly arched eyebrows DID make me look kinda mean. Dennis (the guy in the picture who is one of my good friends in Ottawa) said I make this face that looks like I'm doubting what is being said to me...challenging/questioning it...this face I make is apparently when I raise one eyebrow. I don't even realize I'm doing that, until he points it out! But anyway, with normal width eyebrows, not raised in a challenging way...DO I LOOK NICE?

5 comments:

Kaili said...

I dunno Joyce........but people do that to Robin and I also. In our prenatal class people will take all the other seats till the ones beside us are the only ones left and they are FORCED to sit by us. Kinda funny! Oh well, good luck with your discovery!

Anonymous said...

never mind nice...you are lucky. I would rather walk all the way then take the bus, you can get TB on the bus you know!

Audrey said...

I think you look like an extrememly nice person. But maybe you should work on the body odor....haha just kidding.

Anonymous said...

perhaps a mono-brow would be friendlier than thin eyebrows!

Anonymous said...

You look so Great!!!!